T3 - Before turbocharger
T4 - Before diesel oxidation catalytic converter
T5 - Before/after diesel particulate filter
T6 - Before/after 3-way catalytic converter
Watch our animated video for a detailed overview of installation positions.
- EGTS is a thin product, tightening torque should be respected according to user manual
- Do not work on a hot exhaust line, you might be injured
- Watch the animated video.
- Basic ignition coil principles: NGK explains the operating principle of an ignition coil
- Design of an ignition coil: Information about the design of NGK ignition coils and the generation of high voltage through magnetic induction
- The NGK ignition coil code: The item number in the NGK ignition coil range indicates which number stands for which type of ignition coil and thereby makes it easier to find the right ignition coil and ignition cables
- Installation tips for ignition coils: The correct installation of an NGK ignition coil guarantees the optimal function and a long service life.
- Distribution of the ignition spark: In the classical version a central ignition coil generates the high voltage necessary for the ignition of the fuel-air mixture.
- Ignition cables: The ignition cables are responsible for conducting the voltage (U) to the spark plug with as little loss as possible.